Carly and I get to spend our first Valentine’s Day 10,000 miles apart. I’ve never been a big fan of Valentine’s Day, but I do like celebrations and if you love Jesus, then everything is a celebration. So, here’s 14 things (among thousands) I celebrate about you, Carly, my best friend, my love, and my bride-to-be.
You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of our necklace.
– Song of Solomon 4:9
Happy Valentine’s Day, darling.
I love you!
- You love Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and want others to love him too.
- Your desire to love, respect, and follow me is incredible. I couldn’t ask for a better helper and (soon-to-be) life-partner.
- You are a constant encouragement to me in life, ministry, and everything.
- You want to have a big family and work at home with our (probably crazy) kids.
- You are excited about Papa John’s pizza and a rental movie for a romantic date night.
- You tend to laugh (or roll your eyes) at everything humorous I say even if no one else does.
- You read Spurgeon and Piper and listen to Driscoll sermons.
- You get embarrassed when I compliment you, and then you are even cuter than what you did before to make me compliment you in the first place.
- You are super-talented at music.
- You are a wonderful writer and are just as gifted with words as you say I am.
- Your personality and communication techniques are so opposite from mine, yet I have learned (and continue to learn) to enjoy our diversity.
- You love my family despite their (our) quirks and eccentricities.
- You know and love the Bible and believe in its power, authority, and centrality.
- You are absolutely gorgeous, and I couldn’t imagine waking up next to anyone else for the rest of my life.