My computer is in the local HP shop this week. Nothing internal, however. The hinge to close the screen is poorly designed and has been slowly deteriorating since I bought it in January. It’s a Compaq…so I don’t need to say much more.
So blogging will be slow this week and through the weekend. In the meantime, here’s some random thoughts or things that have come up over the past day or so:
- Wedding planning is really fun, especially when you are less than four months away. I like details. I think they like me, too. But I love my bride-to-be, and I know that she loves me too. What a blessing she is to me.
- We are studying Nehemiah for our staff Bible study here in South Africa. It might be the best book on leadership ever written.
- I just bought Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro. It’s about watching for, recovering from, and avoiding burnout in ministry. I’m almost 25 so I’m hoping to apply the watching for and avoiding parts. The first 30 pages are very good.
- Jesus’ voice will raise the dead — every single person who has ever lived — and judge them (John 5:28-29). That has implications for your life.
- Jesus’ intercession for us is the thing that is keeping us saved (Luke 22:31-32).
- I’m glad that my hope is not in a bunch of college kids who play football. Otherwise after Nebraska’s game against Virginia Tech this past weekend, my life would be ruined.
- My time here in SA is almost done. In the past 2 months, we have seen more gospel vision, passion, and fruit than in the previous 7 months combined.
- I really have a craving for tortilla chips and chunky salsa.