Today is my fiancee’s 23rd birthday. Here are 23 reasons why I’m thankful for her.
- She loves Jesus.
- She wants to be a mother of a lot of kids, and wants to adopt international children.
- She quiet and gentle, which is pretty much the opposite of me.
- She trusts me (and wants me) to lead our family well and be a courageous husband and father.
- She likes to cuddle and watch movies.
- She works hard every day at a job that could be quite intimidating.
- She is absolutely, physically gorgeous.
- She laughs at my jokes even if they aren’t funny just to make me feel good about myself.
- She was confident enough to say yes to dating me even though I was leaving for Africa.
- She said yes to marrying me even though I was leaving for Africa.
- She is continually patient and gracious with me when I am hard to love and don’t deserve it.
- She has been amazing in planning our wedding while I’ve been gone.
- She wants me to follow the Lord’s call to the pastorate, trusting him despite the trials it may bring.
- She’s more concerned about helping me become a godly man than hurting my feelings.
- She isn’t concerned with a six-digit income, a large house, an expensive car, fame, or status.
- She puts up with my long monologues because I’m too verbose to say something in less than 5 minutes.
- She is not satisfied with mediocrity.
- She is very laid back and likes when I take charge and make decisions.
- She loves summer and hates winter…but loves Christmas, which is awesome.
- She doesn’t blog or Twitter like I do. (I couldn’t imagine two social networking junkies in one house.)
- She has traveled internationally and knows about and loves other cultures.
- She loves missions and wants to give money for the sake of the gospel.
- She loves me and wants to be my wife.
I love you, Carly!