Here’s a few thoughts and links to start off the week:
- The Superbowl ads were kind of lame this year. But VW’s SuperBowl commercial was the best, in my opinion.
- You heard it here last, but I bet Peyton Manning will be having literal nightmares about that 4th quarter pick-six for months.
- David Sills, a 13-year-old from Delaware commits to USC and Lane Kiffin for the class of 2015. This whole situation represents everything that is wrong with college sports, recruiting, and sports marketing. Here’s a video of Sills (I apologize for the terrible choice of music they used for this video). A YouTube commenter said it best: “Congrats. You are the king of middle school football.” This is a terrible abuse of a child who will never be able to be a kid, grow up normal, or enjoy high school.
- Tim Tebow and Focus on the Family’s Superbowl ad should not cause any controversies. Why? It wasn’t controversial.
- I don’t think it’s a question whether Sara Palin will run for president in 2012. The question is will she run for the Republican Party or Tea Party?