Simply searching for and reading all the material that has been written about this in the past week about Rob Bell and his new book, Love Wins, could be a full-time job. Unfortunately, the pay would be awful.
I didn’t get paid to read all of this, but still enjoyed it thoroughly. For your enjoyment and benefit, here are some more links to blogs and articles about Bell:
- The Tenth Leper, a seminary student in Dallas, has somehow obtained an advance-reader copy of the book and will be reviewing it in a series of posts.
- Christianity Today puts Rob Bell in context.
- Trevin Wax writes about Rob Bell and the Judgmentless “Gospel”
- Justin Taylor has a follow-up post on some questions J.I. Packer asks to those who believe that once in hell, God ultimately will restore all people.
- Jarrod McKenna explores the battle between Bell and the Neo-Calvinists.
And finally, drum roll please…
- A sermon from Bell entitled “Love Wins.” I have not listened to this message yet, but hope to before the weekend is over. Perhaps it gives us insight into what the book is about. (To save to your computer, right click and click on “save link as”.)
Read the links I posted on Wednesday.